It’s Friday and welcome back to another edition of Life Lately with Kayleigh and I! If you’re new around here and not sure what all the fuss is about, you can catch up on all our previous posts here:
- Week One:Life Lately + What’s In My Amazon Cart
- Week Two: Life Lately + My Go-To Home Décor Stores
- Week Three: Life Lately + My Closet Staples
- Week Four: Life Lately + My Favorite Small Shops
- Week Five: Life Lately + Our Current Home Paint Colors
- Week Six: Life Lately + My Favorite Rugs Under $250
- Week Seven: Life Lately + My Favorite Outdoor Décor
As for life lately…the next 6-8 weeks are going to be kinda crazy! If you don’t already know, we’re very involved with softball around here (Kayleigh and her husband too, ironically!) and our normal rec season just ended last weekend but we get a short 2 week break and then All-Star season kicks into high gear for the next two months! Oye! Bring on the exhaustion!
All-Star softball is a huge time commitment for the whole family – it’s 4 practices a week and then out of town tournaments every Friday-Sunday for the next 6-8 weeks. Being that this is our 3rd season playing All-Stars, I wrote a whole blog post about how I handle a busy toddler while Sikmon coaches and older sister plays. So not only does this mean that the weeks ahead will be jam packed, it also means that not much will get done around the house either.
Like I said earlier, we have a short 2 week break before things really rev up so I have big plans to use every last second of Sikmon’s time the next two weeks to get some household tasks checked off the list before he unavailable for the next two months – first up is building a built-in bench for our breakfast nook! Look out for a behind the scenes look at that project over on my Instagram!
But back to today’s topic – Mother’s Day! This will be my 3rd Mother’s Day as a Mom so I’ve kinda got the Mom gift thing down pat if I do say so myself! I’m excited to share with you guys what I’ve rounded-up and deemed the perfect Mother’s Day gifts for any mom because they’re basically gifts I either have, own, and love, or things I wouldn’t mind receiving! I hope you take a look and find something for the Mom in your life!
- The New Mama – this Promptly Journal is a beautiful way to document all those firsts in an easy to do format – I have it and love it.
- The Mama Who Has Everything – cant go wrong with flowers, right?
- The On-The-Go Mama – I hope my Mom isn’t reading this because this is what she’s getting! A glass brew bottle from Soma so she can brew her coffee while she drives! She currently totes around coffee in a plastic water bottle, oye! This will be a nice upgrade for sure!
- The Expectant Mama – these customized sonogram pictures of a little bun in the oven are handmade and would make the perfect gift for a soon-to-be Mama – just pull at those heartstrings!
- The Wellness Mama – you already know how much I love diffusing and how much it’s become a part of our daily routine and this diffuser is my very fave! Can’t forget the oils either! Use code THEHOMEBODYHOUSE for 20% off your entire order too!
- The Make-Up Mama – I’ll admit, cleaning my make-up brushes regularly is not something I’m consistent with but this silicone pad goes right in the bottom of your sink, you run cold water and scrub your brushes clean on all the ridges of the pad – genius, right?!
- The Tired Mama – I’m not much of a coffee drinker but I do drink tea and have been wanting to upgrade our outdated Keurig for a smaller version in white! Wouldn’t it look so good sitting on the countertop?
- The Homebody Mama – this would be me! Any pillow from this pillow shop would be welcomed with open arms and a huge smile – but I’ve been crushing on this one so hard. Even better news, Danielle is running a 15% off sale just for Mother’s Day! If you want one, be sure to snag it while you can – she only runs sales twice a year!
- The Beauty Guru Mama – probably the best looking shampoo bottles on the market – plus they’re huge and will hold all your shower lotions and potions!
- The Sentimental Mama – Made By Mary jewelry is go-to source for sentimental jewelry when I want to memoralize something special to wear. I’ve gifted one of these necklaces to my Mom for with her grandkids initials and snagged one for myself too. Can’t go wrong with this!
- The Relaxed Mama – these hand poured soy candles are my very fave! Gift one to the Mama who enjoys winding down at the end of the night with wine in hand and a candle lit!
- The Organized Mama – I’ve got one of these leather zippered pouches with my hand-stamped initials and it’s seriously the best quality! I use it for make-up, or just to corall all the things that would otherwise go floating around at the bottom of my purse.